YAY! Ok owch. Thank goodness the doc was mercifully fast. Just kept clipping. Had a little scab on my heel that he had to dig around. Ok that hurt a little more but he kept asking me if I was ok as he clipped them out. What a nice doc. So now I looked at my leg without the staples. Still looked rather gruesome. He then put the butterfly tape all along the scar to reinforce it and pointed my foot up a little more and recasted me. I asked him what exactly happened because he kept mentioning Allograft. I never have had to pointedly ask my doctors questions before but that seems to be how this doctor operates so... I ask pointed questions now. So I asked him, what is an allograft? Its a tendon from a cadaver. oooh spooooky. I asked then what exactly he did. Well he told me that my gap in my tendon was over an INCH. Wow thats a pretty big gap. So he needed to use the allograft to replace my tendon, give me a bone graft and attach the whole deal with a screw in my heel. This is because I waited so long. So please dear reader, if you think about waiting to see your doc, DONT. I made that mistake and am paying for it now. So new cast on and see him in 2 weeks for a new cast and an Xray. Also asked doc what my rehab plan was. He told me I was looking at still another month in the cast, before moving to a walking boot and still not applying any weight to the foot.
I made a small brain fart the other day when getting out of bed in the just woke up fog that we all get into and stepped down on my foot. OW! Ok wont do that again. It wasnt really so much pain as it was a wake up call that ok, you're in a cast, dont do that again. Havent done it since.
Pain is still rather intense, especially when it comes to sleeping. I cannot get comfortable. Still snarfing down pain pills. Not happy about needing to take so much pain medication at ALL. But the good news is I have not developed a tolerance for the vicodin because of my hesitation to take it and the vicodin does not constipate me.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment