Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Week Two
Beginning of week 2, I go to the doc to get the first look at myself out of the cast. Yay! I've never had a cast removed before. I've never been in a cast before! This is a neato little fiberglass cast, not too spooky. Then the doc gets out the saw. EEP. Ok calm.... friend said it sounded like a circular saw but the doc will not hurt you with it. Ok I trust you. Doc I trust you as well. Only one jerk from me the whole time. Arent I a trooper? I see my incision. YIKES! 32 staples down from the top of my calf, all the way down and under my heel. Oh EEK! And my leg is yellow from the betadine stains. YUMMY! Beginning to see some cool bruising as well. There's tape over the staples and the doc pulls off the tape and starts taking out some staples. Well he gets through 6 of them and says he wants to leave the staples in longer. Having staples removed is much like getting stung buy a swarm of bees. Its not horribly painful, its just a little yelp at every clip of the staples. He puts on some butterfly tape over the area he clipped and said that was to reinforce the incision site, but it looks good. Ok doc if you say so. I feel like frankenstein with all these staples. He then moved my foot a little. Ok ow, that hurt. Asked for more pain meds. He then repadded my leg and recasted me. Back in 2 weeks. Oakie doakie doc!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment