Tuesday, December 16, 2008

At the ER

So I'm out in podunk nowhere general hospital. Seriously this hospital had only 1 floor. I come from being near Johns Hopkins, the University of Maryland... LARGE hospitals. This place was dinky and I was seriously reconsidering being looked at there. But I figured docs are docs so I went into the hospital. To which they were very nice and wheeled me in a wheelchair into the hospital and into the ER. I said "I think I tore my achilles" After all that website reading I was pretty sure. They immediately performed a Thompson test on me (squeeze the calf, see if the foot moves) nope, no movement there. Hrrm this seemed bad. Ok I'm scared now, scared I'm going to have surgery in podunk nowwhere. They did Xrays as well, and moved my foot into all KINDS of fun positions. Oh yes it doesnt hurt at ALL when you crane my foot all the way back. No I cant hold still this HURTS! Ok adventures in xrayland over. No fracutre. Its my achilles. Now, due to not having any insurance at the time... I wasnt able to do anything about it. They told me to see an orthapedist... but well... when you have no insurance and are stuck in podunk nowhere... well I took my chances

No comments:

Post a Comment