Ok I'm really sorry for being so lax in my postings to this blog. The past month has had its ups and downs. So at week 6, I went back to the doc to go through the cast removal process, again and this time had an xray. Ok dangling my foot HURTS. In the cast, out of the cast, dangling hurts big time. So doc takes the cast off and takes me to get an xray. FUN. Xray tech asks if she can have my pull my foot back, doc says no. So I have to pull my foot back as much as I can tolerate and turn my foot on the side for xrays. Ok being on the xray table doesnt hurt too much. I got to look at my xray. Now for most people, looking at xrays isnt the most earth shattering experience for them. But this is the first xray I've been privy to looking at of mine. Most doctors usually looked at my xray away from me and I never got to see inside myself. All full of mystery and stuff. Well I got to see my foot this time. COOL! Ok there's a big SPIKE through the back of my foot. Ok I know THATS not natural. But I knew I had a screw in my heel it was just strange seeing it. Doc says my graft is healing great. Another doc from the office came in and said "Is this the young lady with the allograft?" Yep thats me. Starts fawning all over the wonderful placement of the screw. Ok whatever you say docs! Still hurts. Having massive trouble sleeping so I asked to go back on the percocets. If I only take it to go to sleep it will help. Vicodins work just not so well. Week 8 explains why.
I'm also told to start putting some weight on my foot. YAY maybe next time I get a boot! But doc was unable to get my foot to a full 90 degree angle. Oh dear. Gives me a little velcro shoe (I promise I'll get some pictures I really promise) to wear. Ok LIGHT weight bearing. OW, ok I havent walked on this thing in 6 weeks Its understandable that its going to hurt a little bit.
I just crutch out of the doc's office. Merry Xmas to me!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment