Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Incident

Now about me, I'm a fairly healthy 32 year old woman. Fairly active as well, I walk EVERYWHERE. I also dance and play recreational sports like anyone else. So it came as a shock to me when I was dancing one night and POW. It felt like I stepped on someone else's foot and the sound of my achilles popping sounded just like someone had stomped (there was a lot of drumming so I missed the awesome achilles popping sound). Then I hopped back... oops so sorry I stepped on your... wait, I'm not stepping on anyone's feet. Ok maybe I stepped on my own foot... OW. Ok that hurts. How to gracefully fall down without looking like an idiot. Too late, faceplant on the ground. My friends rushed to my side to see if I was ok. Initially I just felt a little foolish for skinning my knee but then I had this feeling of dread inside of me. Some people helped by performing Reiki on me as well as I have a shamanistic friend who played music for me. It really helped calm me down and ease the pain I was going through. I limped out of there and iced the ankle. This felt bad. I was able to limp to the car and then I laid down. Ok maybe I just sprained my ankle. Next morning my ankle was swollen and I had all kinds of fun bruises. Hrrm... ok still maybe a sprain. My calf however had a different opinion of the situation and was cramping severely. Ok maybe I'll just elevate and ice it and it will be better. Me having no health insurance at the time, limited my options severely. So fast forward to 4 days later and still no end in sight. I started reading websites about the achilles tendon. Hrrm this doesnt sound like an ankle sprain to me...... Ok to the ER I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment