Why oh why am I putting these two entries together? Well The night before I had my normal every 2 week appointment, the doctor's office calls. Seems my doc has thrown his back out and cant keep the appointment. Normally this is fine, but the office I go to he only shows up once every two weeks! GAH! My boot hopes are dashed. Plus this was going to be the oppertunity i had to talk to the doc about the swelling I've been having. He keeps trying to see me at his office on the other side of town and thats just not doable for me. So my leg's puffy, I've been elevating it as much as I can stand being on my back so it hasnt been all that horrible.
But this week I made a little milestone for me. I walked. Without crutches. Across the house. Not one step on the full weight, but walked, in the cast with my little cast shoe on. It didnt hurt as much as I had expected really. A little numbness in my heel but I suspect thats because of the bone graft and its just going to have to be something I get used to. Also the screw pain is a LOT less bad. Its not a stabbing pain in my heel anymore which either means I've learned to ignore the pain or it just isnt hurting anymore. After my little walking adventure yep, I swelled up again so did the whole elevation bit.
One thing that is concerning me however that I was told the other day. My leg twitches in my sleep. A LOT. Not just like cat chasing mice leg twitching but violently tremoring. Gotta ask the doc about that. I suspect its just the muscle atrophy. I stood on my one foot yesterday and realized just how weak my right leg has become. Physical terrorist here I come! I guess at my next appointment barring any more doctors backs being thrown out I'll start discussing my physical therapy options with my doc.
Another wonderful WONDERFUL thing about this doctor of mine is... he called me the other day. Just to see how I was doing. That just means so much to me that the doctor took some time out, made a phone call to check up on me. GREAT Doc. Never had a doctor who was so personal... yah I have to ask him all these pointed questions but his personal attention really makes me think this guy cares.
Oh well I guess thats about it on the leg front. 3 weeks in the same cast and BOY am I itchy. I know they say use a cool hair dryer but foo on that! I have a coat hanger... now wait before you get all crazy. I have the coat hanger covered in electrical tape to stop the rough edges. BOY does it work and it doesnt tear me up. But I still will not scratch where my scar is. Last thing I want is to open myself up or cause myself unneeded pain or delay in healing. I want to walk again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment